Stay Safe, Stay Connected is a program, in collaboration with the Utah State Board of Education, dedicated to helping Utah students who have experienced the most school disconnect since the COVID-19 pandemic began. The goal is to connect more students and their families with resources that will help them be ready for the new school year.
• Education Resources • Mentors and Tutors • Internet and Technology •
• School Supplies • Rent & Utility Assistance • Food Pantry Referrals • More •
We know that supporting your kid while they distance learn or return to class can be hard, so we've compiled these online resources that will help you keep your student learning.
If you could use some extra help and are looking for safe in-person or virtual programs for your student, use the options below to search or contact Utah 211 by phone, online chat, text, or email.
Due to COVID-19, many local mentors and tutors are now available virtually. Find a mentor or tutor from a local program to help your student with their classwork, teach them about applying for college, be an additional role model in their life, and much more.
To encourage middle school and high school students to get help with their learning, we are inviting 30 students to participate in our Virtual Tutoring Incentive Program. Students must be incoming 7th through 12th graders to participate. Participants will use BrainFuse, a live online tutoring service, and complete 6 sessions before October 31st. Once students have completed all 6 sessions, they’ll be eligible for a $60 digital gift card!
To submit interest in this program for your student, please fill out the below interest form (available in English and Spanish). A member of our United Way of Salt Lake staff will reach out to you once completed for more information or next steps.
Limit two per household.
To encourage learning at home, United Way of Salt Lake has created an incentive program for tutoring your kids! All you need to be eligible is time, access to a device, and access to the internet. Earn $20 per tutoring session (each session is one hour long) for up to 20 sessions/$400 per household. Students and their families are able to do as many sessions as they would like per week.
Key details of the program:
If you are interested fill out the enrollment form and a member from our team will be in touch with more details.
This Program is Currently Full
With the majority of classes and learning opportunities now being online, it's important to have the internet connection and technology to support this new way of learning. Utah 211 has a variety of resources for eligible families to help ensure kids have the supplies they need to continue learning.
Thank you for your interest in our laptop program. Our program has ended and we are no longer offering free laptops for students. Please reach out to your school district if you are in need of a computer for distance learning:
• Canyons School District: reach out to your child's school for devices; schools have a limited number of hot spots available too. Click here to find contact information for your students’ school(s).
• Davis School District: Devices are available for check out at your home school. You will need to sign the device checkout agreement via the myDSD system. You can also request a hotspot through the myDSD system. Please contact your home school for more information and/or options. Click here to learn more.
• Granite School District: reach out to your school for a laptop (every student should be able to access a laptop from the district; they also have a limited number of hot spots available through their school)
• Salt Lake City School District: Call the Family Support Hotline at (801) 301-6476.
• Ogden: Check with student’s school for open lab or library times and/or check with your school to see if free wireless hotspots or devices are available.
If you need more information on how to contact your school or school district, please call 211.
Utah 211 has a database of over 10,000 local service providers who are committed to helping our community stay on their feet during this time. Begin your search to find rental assistance, utility payment help, healthcare, and much more.