In order to meet the unique needs of our communities, each of the participating United Ways will determine their own criteria for disbursing funds to organizations in their area.
At this time, United Way of Salt Lake will not accept applications for funding requests, but rather select organizations based on a regular assessment of need.
To be eligible to receive resources from the UWSL portion of the Fund, organizations must:
· Have an existing funding relationship with UWSL
· Provide direct community member support in one or more of the fund categories
· Be able to respond to need immediately via an existing program and use the funds for direct assistance (not operation costs like staffing or overhead)
As the current situation continues to evolve, UWSL will reassess on a weekly basis which organizations are selected to receive resources from the Fund using a combination of the following:
· Data from Utah 211 that highlights the most pressing needs and referrals
· Learnings from our community-based staff and partners who are talking to community members and hearing about emerging needs firsthand
· Alignment to other Funds that exist and that emerge in order to reduce duplication and maximize impact
· Any federal, state, and local policy changes that may drive emphasized support in one area over another
· The level of donations coming in
Learn more about the fund and donate here: