Each weekday until December 21st, 2-1-1 Utah is showcasing great ideas and events that are free or low-cost and guaranteed to make the whole family smile this holiday season. If you can’t stand the suspense of waiting to see each new day’s surprise then you can view the whole calendar now by CLICKING HERE.
- Download United Way 2-1-1’s Holiday gift spending tracker!
DOWNLOAD TRACKER >>
- Read some of our great advice about managing your time and clutter this holiday season HERE.
- Help Individuals with disabilities enjoy skiing and snowboarding! Lessons are held at Park City Mountain Resort, Canyons, and Deer Valley. Sign up for training today! Contact Sarah Jones, (435) 649-3991 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Nifty Gifts (Events):
- Christmas concerts at The Cathedral of the Madeline. Admission is free but limited to those ages 6 and up. Call (801) 944-4663 ahead for guaranteed seating. A Ceremony of Carols happens Dec 14th. The Christmas Carol Service happens Dec 17th, 18th, and Christmas Eve. LEARN MORE>>
- The 2012 Echoes of Christmas is a live musical rendition of the First Christmas. Presented December 13th-15th and 17th-19th from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. it takes about 30 minutes for each group to make their way through the story-telling stations. Dress warm for this one! LEARN MORE>>
- The 2012 Holiday Market at the Gallivan Center will be held this year every Friday and Saturday from November 22 to December 22. Open from 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., the Holiday market offers a chance to look over unique gifts from local artisans and retailers. LEARN MORE>>
- TURN CITY CENTER FOR THE ARTS
Contact: Allison Michel, (801) 924-0347 (AllisonMichel@turndreams.org)
Volunteers: Volunteers are needed to lead music and teach visual arts, theater, writing, or dance classes.
- UAID: UTAH ASSOCIATION FOR INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES
Contact: (801) 654-8449
Come adopt an ornament for the client of your choice. Monetary donations are also welcome. Other donations include: arts and craft supplies, hygiene products, towels and bedding, gift certificates, movie passes, restaurant certificates, gloves, underwear, and socks. Volunteers are also needed.
- UTAH STATE VETERANS NURSING HOME
Contact: Recreation, (801) 584-1920
Donations: Accepting donations up until December 18th for the following items: Clothing (socks, sweatpants, sweatshirts, etc. Please no boxers, underwear or bras), blankets, and slippers.
Volunteers: Volunteers can organize a gift drive in their family or community for the residents on Christmas Day. Presents and donations can be dropped off at the nursing home before December 24th.
If you’re interesting in volunteering this holiday season then check out our holiday volunteering opportunities list HERE or dial 2-1-1.