Resource Development Executive
The holiday season is upon us! For me, it really is the most wonderful time of the year! I love the decorations, the gift-giving, and the general feeling of excitement and joy that accompanies the season. There are countless parties and events to occupy our time, but how can that excitement and joy be brought into the workplace?
Workplace giving is a powerful way to bring the ‘holiday spirit’ into the office. It will bring employees together and boost overall morale. It will also give employees the satisfaction of working for a company that cares. Whether your office is big or small, there are many ways to incorporate giving into your annual holiday workplace traditions:
- Collect donations to sponsor a family in need
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities for employees
- Host a free family holiday event such as a carnival or Breakfast with Santa
- Have employees bring donations of specific items to the holiday party
- Have a contest between departments to see who can contribute the most
- Consider donating to a charity on behalf of employees or clients as their gift
What are some ways that your office gives back during the holidays?
Please visit our website uw.org or call 2-1-1 for a list of holiday volunteer opportunities!