It really is as easy as it sounds. Here are some simple tips:
- Stick with water: Skip the soda, coffee, tea or wine. Ordering a glass of soda can add up to $3 to your bill. It’s not a bargain when you consider how much less you pay for a fountain drink at the gas station.
- Forego the appetizer: They’re deliciously tempting, but appetizers often cost nearly the same price as an entree. Many establishments provide a free appetizer such as bread or chips — enjoy it, chew some gum, and look forward to your meal knowing you saved as much as $12!
- Say no to dessert: Scratch around $7 from your bill by saying no the sweet and tempting desserts. Your diet with thank you, too!
- Pasta instead of steak: You might not eat at a steak house every time you go out, but the concept still applies. If you’re used to treating yourself with the most expensive item on the menu, take a step down and order a pasta dish or fancy salad.
- Use a coupon: Check the newspaper, in your mailbox, or online for coupons offering free appetizers, half-off meals, and other great deals.
What tips do you have to share about saving money dining out?