The economic consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic are devastating many low-income individuals and families across our state. The COVID-19 Community Response Fund provides flexible resources to organizations working with these Utahns who are disproportionately impacted by the ripple effects of Coronavirus.
Average grant size is likely between $10,000 and $20,000, but will vary (and could be lower) based on number of applications, emerging needs, and donations to the Fund. Applications will be reviewed and grants awarded on a rolling basis and can be submitted at any time. This is a competitive grant process, and submitting an application in no way guarantees funding.
There are multiple United Ways in Utah participating in the Fund, and this application process only pertains to UWSL’s service area which includes Davis, Salt Lake, Summit, and Tooele Counties. Please contact other United Ways directly to learn about their process for Fund grants in their service areas.
The Fund is open to organizations that are addressing the disproportionate health and economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
To apply for a COVID-19 grant from UWSL, eligibility requirements include the following:
· Must serve Utahns in Davis, Salt Lake, Summit, or Tooele counties.
· Must have 501(c)3 status.
· Must have current or emerging efforts to address the health and economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Fund is designed to support organizations whose COVID-19 response is prioritizing any of the following:
· Immigrants, regardless of status
· Communities of color
· People with limited English language proficiency
· People living with a disability
· Seniors and others with high COVID-19 risk factors
· People earning less than a living wage
· People without health insurance
· People experiencing child care-related hardships
· People experiencing homelessness or housing instability
· Communities left out of federal and local stimulus support
· Ideas and innovations that enable more people to respond to community needs
There are multiple United Ways in Utah participating in the Fund, and this application process and these grantees only reflect UWSL’s service area which includes Davis, Salt Lake, Summit, and Tooele Counties. Please contact other United Ways directly to learn about their process for Fund grants in their service areas.