The holidays are here, and many families in our partner schools and communities need extra help this time of year.
Here are five ways you can help us spread some holiday cheer:
- Fill the Boots: Provide winter boots (Youth size 12, 13, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) filled with warm socks, craft items (like Play-Doh), a book, waterproof mittens, and a hat. Optional to include gift card (for parents) to a local grocery store (Smiths, Walmart, WinCo.)
- Books: Give the gift of reading to elementary aged students! Books in the home are strongly linked to academic success in school. See our Amazon book wish list for ideas.
- Winter Clothes: Some students at our community and partner schools do not have access to weather appropriate clothes during the colder winter months. We are requesting new gloves, beanies, scarves, and blankets.
- Rewards for Students: At our elementary community schools, students can earn points for exemplary behavior, leading by example, being stewards of school expectations, and showing the will to excel in the classroom. When they’ve collected enough there are small prizes available for them. Schools are requesting stuffed animals and new books for elementary aged students.
- School Needs: You can make the holidays bright for teachers, too! Community schools are always in need of items for classrooms. Here are a few options that many of our schools need: Clorox wipes, tissues, hand sanitizer, white board markers, Ziploc bags (all sizes), printer paper, Band-Aids, white board markers, pencils, glue sticks, colored pencils, erasers, notebooks, printer paper, and markers.
To make a difference this holiday season in any of these areas, contact Zoe Meeken at email@example.com or 603-312-7016.